I’ve been dreaming of summer Banzai bowls since they overtook my Insta feed. However, they are tricky. Even with this one, its slightly less slushy than I would hope. However, the flavors are what made me want to put this on the digital map.
Why is this Mango Summer Banzai Bowl the perfect way to start your day this summer?
- Sweat with crispy layers.
- Easy to create with smart prep.
- Beats the summer heat.
- Can be customized to what’s in season!
READY? 2 Summer Mango & Blood Orange Banzai Bowls coming right up!
Summer Mango & Blood Orange Banzai Bowl
Makes 2 medium sized servings. Takes 20 minutes.
(I buy my fresh produce at Whole Foods, Costco & Trader Joes, my supplements on Amazon & Vitacost—>NOTE: Not getting any $$ for sharing this but if you need any help, feel free to drop a comment below and I can help you decide which options on the market are healthiest and most bang for your buck.)
- 1 cup of frozen mangoes
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen peach
- 4 pieces of frozen figs (very good for females)
- 1/3 cup of organic wild blueberry
- 2 tbsp collagen powder (skin food!) <—(why this recipe is on my beauty list)
- 2 tbsp MCT oil (healthy fats for weight loss and great skin) <—(why this recipe is on my beauty list)
- 1 tsp Maqui powder (loaded with potassium for more hydration) <—(why this recipe is on my beauty list)
- Mango Kefir (probiotics for gut health!)
I usually have this prepped before I start blending.
- 1 banana
- 6 strawberries
- 1 apple
- 1 kiwi
- 1 blood orange (they’re in season!) or orange
- 1 mango
- Granola bites (as needed)
- Conocut flakes (as needed)
- Hemp seads (as needed)
- Agave nectar if you like your bowls really sweet
Phew…thats a long list! Good news is that once you actually buy the items you can make several bowls. I would say that with the entire list, you can make up to 10 bowls. Want to be really impressed?
MILLENIAL REAL-WORLD PERSPECTIVE: In Southern California, 1 Banzai bowl costs an average of $11. To buy all the items on the list from your local organic market would cost rougly cost you $60 if you go all out (minus the collagen peptides & MCT because those are optional and would last you over 50 servings). With all of the above ingredients, you will make over 12 bonzai bowls. Making your own saves you $72! WIN!
Pulse all the ingredients at a low setting (I use the NutriNinja). If you like it a little less icy like me, the ingredients should get you to a perfect smoothie consistency. If you like it icier, add a cube of ice or frozen fruit at a time.
PRO TIP: To achieve the best Banzai consistency, it’s better to start with half the contents and blend as you go rather than blend everything and then try to change the texture.
Finally, lay out your toppings on the smoothie as you fancy and ENJOY!
DON’T FORGET: Consume quickly so the texture doesn’t change on you mid-way through the bowl. Mine did due to the heat wave we’re currently experiencing!
Thanks for reading! If you tried my recipe, tell me how I can improve it! ❤ Shilpa